Job Title: Processor III
Department: Operations / Processing
Reports To: Operations Manager or Branch Manager
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction, and control of Company, the Processor III will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate packaging of all loans originated by the Company in adherence with all underwriting standards. The Processor III will gather loan information, ensuring completeness of submission, and take each file from pre-approval to closing. The Processor III is considered a subject matter expert and a resource for the team in the absence of the manager.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Works on complex files requiring
- May assist in providing training and guidance to more junior Processors on accurate file submissions and guideline questions; may review files of other Processors prior to submission to Underwriting
- Make recommendations for continuous improvement in processing operations
- List other job duties unique to a Processor III
- Gather and organize loan application documents
- Compile, enter and verify application information for mortgage loans; analyze borrower loan-to-value ratio, debt-to-income ratio, credit report, application, income and assets, source(s) of down payment funds
- Examine all supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy and acceptability of investor’s guidelines and to identify potential fraud or misrepresentation
- Review residential loan application file to verify that application data is complete and meets establishment standards, including type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities, and length of employment
- Evaluate loan file and recommends that loans not meeting standards be denied
- Contact specified companies to obtain property abstract, survey, and appraisal
- Inform supervisor of discrepancies in title or survey
- Submit mortgage loan application file for underwriting approval
- Obtain and verify clearance of all underwriting conditions and prepare the file for submission to Closing for settlement
- Communicate loan status and update all applicable parties, including the Loan Officer and the borrower, regularly, clearly and effectively
- Achieve and maintain all departmental cycle time, service and volume standards
- Serve as a liaison between origination, underwriting, and customers to effectively close loans
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least five (5) years of experience in processing within the residential mortgage lending industry preferred; experience working in a lead capacity preferred
- Any additional requirements for a Level II Processor
- Must have knowledge of all applicable loan types, specifically Conventional, USDA, FHA and VA and knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC
- Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail and ability to make decisions and solve problems independently
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a demonstrated ability to build quality customer relationships and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using mortgage loan origination systems preferred; experience using Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector preferred
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state, or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.