Job Title: Loan Officer Assistant
Reports To: Branch Manager
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction and control of Company, the Loan Officer Assistant (LOA) will be responsible for acting as a Loan Partner and providing assistance to one or more licensed Residential Mortgage Loan Officer(s) (LOs) as they work to convert prospective clients into closed/funded loans. The LOA will provide sales assistance, loan coordination, document collection, customer service and follow through with all facets of the loan origination process to the assigned LO, substantially increasing the LO’s productivity. LOA must be licensed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist the assigned LO(s) with all tasks related to loan production, including loan application and origination, coordinating with Operations team and follow up with customers
- Review and assist Processor on incoming loan applications, provide LO with feedback on prospect or referral source
- Handle correspondence for LO(s) and provide service to customers in the LO’s absence
- Assist RMLO with reports, analysis and statistics to help maximize selling opportunities and funded loans
- Learn all applicable loan programs and processes and stay current with changes and new products
- Learn and utilize various Company technical systems and programs to provide optimal support to the LO
- Provide administrative and sales support to LO with all third-party referral sources, borrower prospects and Processor for loans in the pipeline
- Adhere to all applicable state and federal compliance guidelines relative to retail mortgage lending
- Will not engage in the activities of a licensed Residential Mortgage Loan Originator
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Must be eager to learn and develop mortgage sales knowledge; experience working in the residential mortgage lending industry preferred
- Must have knowledge of all applicable loan types, specifically Conventional, USDA, FHA and VA and knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC and all state and federal compliance guidelines and regulatory requirements
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated to meet job expectations and goals
- Must have demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines
- Must possess superior customer service skills, be extremely organized, attentive to detail and have good judgement
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook and the internet
- Must have the ability to learn and use technical systems quickly; experience using mortgage loan origination systems preferred
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.