Location: Houston, TX
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction and control of Company, the A/P Specialist will be responsible for supporting various accounting functions. The successful candidate will have experience using QuickBooks and thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining accurate accounting records.
To apply, send your resume to Olivia Henry via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Duties &Responsibilities:
- Work with Compliance Dept to vet all new vendors, set them up in QB and maintain vendor file
- Enter invoices upon receipt; break out by class and customer, as needed; file on F drive in appropriate vendor folder
- Coordinate with Assistant Controller or Controller to generate checks for weekly check run
- Setup/maintain vendor autopay with bank account or credit card
- Respond to all A/P related questions
- Process customer loan payments received by check in Encompass and QB
- Prepare good-bye letters for loans sold for Centralized Services
- Upload QB data into the Intranet and backup QB file
- Enter payroll in QB
- By the 3rd business day of each month, confirm that Encompass billing is correct compared to QB and Encompass
- Coordinate with IT Dept to break-out and enter Adobe subscription, Office 365, and new equipment purchases.
- Coordinate with Compliance Dept to break-out prefund and post close QC charges by class.
- Distribute credit card statements to each cardholder and ensure all receipts have been uploaded and expense reports have been completed in Concur
- Enter all credit card entries in QB.
- Centralized Services and Underwriting Fees – review uncharged fees on loans that have busted out and enter for payment; confirm income received by branch is broken out by employee and customer
- Create loan payment invoice in QB and e-mail borrowers link to pay by ACH and follow-up as needed
- Review P&L’s by branch and overall prior to close-out
- Payroll backup
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help, and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty, and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills, and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We are all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s degree or higher preferred
- At least five (5) years of bookkeeping experience using QuickBooks
- Mortgage experience is a plus!
- Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail and have the ability to make decisions and solve problems independently
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel, Word, and QuickBooks
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.