Job Title: Processor Assistant
Department: Branch or Centralized Services
Reports To: Branch Manager or National Processing Manager
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction and control of Company, the Processing assistant will be responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate packaging of all loans originated by the Company in adherence with all underwriting standards. The Processor I will assist the processor to gather loan information, ensuring completeness of submission, and ASSIST IN taking each file from pre-approval to closing.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review file for complete documentation
• Assist the processor with ordering Preliminary title report, appraisal, fraud report, tax transcripts, other 3rd party vendor items
• Follow up with client and Loan Officer (as needed)
• Order conditions from borrow or vendors (as needed)
• Assist with Obtaining and verifying clearance of all underwriting conditions and prepare the file for submission to Closing for settlement (as needed)
• Achieve and maintain all departmental cycle time, service, and volume standards
• Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
• Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
• Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
• Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
• Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
• Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to
Highly Confidential Page 2 of 2
change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
• Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
• Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
• Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• At least one (1) year of related experience working in the residential mortgage lending industry preferred; experience working in processing preferred
• Must have knowledge of all applicable loan types, specifically Conventional, USDA, FHA and VA and knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC
• Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail and ability to make decisions and solve problems independently
• Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must have a demonstrated ability to build quality customer relationships and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including with Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience using mortgage loan origination systems preferred; experience using Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector preferred
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.