Job Title: National Closing/Post-Closing Manager
Department: Operations /Closing- Post Closing
Reports To: VP of Operations
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction and control of Company, the National Closing/ Post- Closing Manager will be responsible for the supervision and direction of the Closing and Post- Closing Team. The team handles all facets of Closing, Funding, and Post-Closing for the branches utilizing the centralized services functions.
Primary Duties &Responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor a team of 7-10 using Encompass and various Doc Prep Services, manage day to day functions, team, and individual goals
- Prepare and review daily reports, monitor workflow, and turn times and prioritize accordingly
- Responsible for communicating operational and regulatory changes to the team
- Responsible for the resolution of suspended loans for delivery to investors along with insuring/guarantee of FHA/VA/USDA loans
- Collaborate with Management to promote a positive customer experience by fostering an efficient service of the closing and post-closing pipeline
- Responsible for working with Operations team to develop and implement process and procedures for the Closing and Post-Closing Teams. Interact with other departments to achieve goals, including but not limited to Origination, Secondary Marketing, Accounting, Servicing, Underwriting, Processing and Compliance
- Responsible for hiring, training, and all HR related functions regarding time management and employee evaluation
- Daily review of reporting for pipeline, production, and quality management
- Assist Post Closing and Quality Control to maintain/assure salability of loans in the Secondary Market
- Actively partner with internal and external partners to improve overall workflow as well as communicate any changes or improvements and understanding big picture concepts
- Required to maintain/increase knowledge and skill set for various state lending laws, RESPA, and investor guidelines
- Keep current with and leverage strong working knowledge of TRID, loan products, underwriting guidelines, escrow/title practices, as well as regulatory compliance laws for multiple loan products offered by the Company as they apply to documents, funding, insuring and post-closing to accurately prepare closing disclosures
- Partner with warehouse and post-closing staff to ensure quality of funding packages; review loan packages for completeness, accuracy and preparation of closing documents that adhere to loan approval, lock confirmation, product guidelines, insurance requirements and state and federal regulations
- Draw CS, final loan documents, fund or ship loans as needed for overflow situations
- Positive attitude and ability to motive your team is required!
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help, and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty, and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills, and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We are all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least five (5) years of related experience managing a closing and post- closing department within the residential mortgage lending industry; wholesale experience and exposure to document drawing and funding procedures such as wire transfers, impounds and recessions;
- Must have knowledge of all applicable loan types, specifically Conventional, USDA, FHA, and VA; must be experienced with all current RESPA guidelines for CD funding process
- Working knowledge of TRID regulations and experience in closing disclosure preparation; familiarity with reading and interpreting insurance policies, title reports, appraisals, and CD’s
- Working knowledge of Insuring of loans and Payment of mortgage insurance with government agencies
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a demonstrated ability to build quality customer relationships and have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using mortgage loan origination systems; experience using Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.