Location: Houston, TX
Job Title: Senior Closer
Department: Centralized Services Department
Reports To: National Closing Manager
Under the supervision and direction of the National Closing Manager. The closer will be responsible for preparing initial closing disclosures, closing packages and funding of loans. They will ensure the documents are accurate and compliant for loan salability.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work with internal and external partners to streamline the closing and funding processes
- Manage pipeline daily and prioritize loans as needed
- Prepare & Review closing packages for completeness and accuracy
- Ensure closing data is in accordance to loan program, state and federal regulations
- Prepare and order wire transfers
- Validate fees and balance loans prior to requesting wires
- Ensure all closing conditions have been cleared and present in the file at funding
- Managing and resolving any concerns, problems and documentation issues prior to closing and or post-closing
- Maintain working knowledge of industry regulations
- Communicate loan status and update all applicable parties, including the Loan Officer, Processor, Settlement Agent and or Management if needed
- Interact with other departments in order to achieve goals, including but not limited to, Processing, Accounting, Post Closing and Compliance
- Achieve and maintain all departmental service level agreements and volume standards
- Be proactive and or assist with other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned by management
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- At least five (5) recent years of experience working in the closing capacity in residential mortgage lending required
- Wholesale experience and exposure to funding procedures such as wire requests, collecting of impounds and refinance recession periods
- Must have knowledge of all applicable loan types, specifically Conventional, USDA, FHA and VA
- Knowledge of TRID regulations and experience preparing closing disclosures
- Knowledge of reviewing pertinent documents such as sales contracts, title commitments, surveys, insurance policies and appraisals
- Must be extremely organized, attentive to detail, and able to make decisions and solve problems independently
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have PC proficiency, including with Internet Explorer, Microsoft Office and Adobe
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.