Job Title: Branch Manager
Reports To: National Production Manager or Regional Manager
Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction and control of Company, the Branch Manager will be responsible for the day to day production of the Branch. The Branch Manager will recruit, develop, and manage a team of retail loan officers who represent the Company to originate residential real estate mortgage loans. The Branch Manager will also manage their profit and loss statement (P&L).
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Remain familiar with and ensure that all loans originated by the Branch are handled in accordance with the Company’s policies, guidelines, quality control, applicable federal, state, and local laws, and investor guidelines
- Ensure that all proper documentation is prepared, kept and maintained in accordance with all applicable laws, and is readily available for inspection at Company’s discretion
- Inform the Senior Management, as defined in the RSMC Employee Handbook, immediately of any and all events, incidents, occurrences, complaints, lawsuits, investigations, findings, or good faith concerns of illegal, improper, or unethical or other material information or matters concerning the Company and/or Branch operations
- Inform Company of all expenses on a timely basis in order to ensure prompt payment thereof
- Forward all fees, checks, deposits, etc. in the possession of Manager to Company’s Corporate Headquarters within 24 hours of receipt or deposit remotely per Company’s remote deposit policy
- Ensure that all closed loan documents are stored in Company’s document storage system and accessible to Company upon demand
- Hire, develop, maintain, train, and supervise a sales force of loan officers as well as direct or indirect supervision of support staff to maximize Branch profit and minimize risk; all hires must have prior approval of direct manager
- Ensure that all persons performing any services for the Company through the Branch are Company employees, properly licensed and registered, as applicable, and are approved to start by Company and, as applicable approved by the Company to originate loans
- Ensure that all advertising and marketing is done only with the pre-approval of Company and that all telemarketing is performed in accordance with Company guidelines for use of the Do Not Call list and is in compliance with Federal and State rules
- Ensure that all websites or other social media used by the Branch or any Branch Employee that relate in any way to financing residential real estate are approved by the Senior Management prior to posting to/access by the general public
- Ensure that any and all email communications on behalf of Company shall be sent from and directed through Company email; private email is not to be used for any official Company business, unless in the case of an emergency
- Ensure that all borrowers are advised of the most appropriate financing options, are not steered to products based on maximizing compensation, and are only advised to close loans if there is a good faith basis to believe that the borrower will be able to re-pay the loan
- Perform all obligations in compliance with all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
Hire, develop, maintain, train, and supervise a sales force of loan officers and Loan Officer Assistants as well as indirect supervision of support staff to maximize Branch profit and minimize risk. All hires must have prior approval of direct manager.
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving – We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity – We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance – We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening – By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity – Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment – We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field from an accredited institution preferred or an equivalent combination of experience and education; high school diploma required
- Must maintain an active residential mortgage origination license in compliance with the S.A.F.E Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations, including all applicable state licensure laws and regulations
- At least five (5) years of experience in the residential mortgage lending industry preferred with two (2) years of sales management experience preferred
- Must have a demonstrated ability to read and manage complex profit and loss (P&L) statements
- Must have a demonstrated ability to build quality customer and client relationships, analyze and comprehend complex financial data, and provide mortgage alternatives
- Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience using mortgage loan origination systems required
- Must have familiarity with all applicable loan product guidelines
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.