Job Title: Disclosure Desk Specialist
Reports To: Director of Compliance
Under the supervision and direction of the Director of Compliance. The Disclosure Desk Specialist will issue initial and subsequent disclosures and re-disclosures to consumers for multiple loan types in multiple states. Accuracy and timeliness are paramount due to the regulatory and business requirements related to disclosures.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Support new branches and teams.
- Contribute to ongoing efficiency efforts.
- Must understand TRID and the sensitive timing requirements surrounding the regulation.
- Receive information necessitating disclosure of company and/or regulatory required disclosures (both initial and subsequent re-disclosures).
- Review and interpret information received to effectively determine which disclosures are required to be provided. Information may be contractual, loan (rate term, loan type, interest rate lock, mortgage fee, etc.) property/market (transfer tax, stat disclosures, etc.) or borrower related.
- Complete the disclosures as required based on the information received as well as through practical understanding of the mortgage loan process. This will involve updating information within the Loan Origination System.
- Communicate effectively with Production team (Mortgage Loan Originators as well as other departments as applicable) to confirm the disclosures are appropriate.
- Provide accurate and appropriate disclosures to customers within pre-determined timelines pursuant to company policy/procedure and regulatory requirements.
- Update the Loan Origination System as well as other systems (as required) to effectively notify appropriate parties that disclosures have been effectively provided to consumers
- Review reports to confirm all disclosures are processed in a timely fashion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
• Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in all types of situations. Listens and seeks clarification as necessary to understand and fulfill business objectives. Able
to read and interpret complex information and regulatory requirements. Must be able to build effective intra-corporate relationships and collaborations, and liaison with
various business departments.
• Business acumen - understands business implications and decisions, displaying appropriate balance between revenue growth and compliance with existing laws and
regulations. Demonstrates working knowledge of regulated financial industry.
• Ethics - Keeps commitments and inspires trust by others. Understands and appreciates the value of integrity in self and others. Upholds organizational values. Maintains
strict confidentiality of business information and processes.
• Judgment - exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Supports and explains rationale for decisions. Includes appropriate people in decision-making.
• Planning and Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently. Sets goals and objectives.
• Professionalism - approaches others in a tactful, respectful manner. Reacts well under pressure.
• Adaptability - adapts quickly to changes in work priorities and manages competing demands appropriately. Modifies approach or method to best fit the situation. Ability to
deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
• Initiative - undertakes self-development activities. Seeks increased responsibilities, while asking for assistance when needed.
• Innovation - assist department in developing and implementing creative ideas and methods to increase overall efficiency and departmental value.
• Teamwork – work with fellow team members inside and outside the department, treating everyone with dignity and respect, always willing to help others, with
exceptional customer service.
- Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
- Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills and judgement to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
- Problem-solving. We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
- Unity. We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
- Balance. We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
- Listening. By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
- Integrity. Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
- Commitment. We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- At least three (3) recent years of Mortgage industry experience.
- At least two (2) recent years of experience with TRID.
- Proficient in Encompass.
- Must like working with people and be able to create an extraordinary customer experience.
- Ability to speak, read and write in the English language.
- Articulate speaker with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to send short correspondence and memos.
- Must be flexible to adjust to changing business needs and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have patience and kindness with teams.
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.