Location: Dallas, TX
Job Title: Loan Officer
Reports To: Branch Manager
Position Overview: Subject to the ultimate supervision, direction, and control of Company, the Loan Officer will be responsible for originating residential real estate mortgage loans and overseeing the loan process on behalf of their customers in compliance with all applicable state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
•Promote the Company’s products and services; establish and maintain a network of business relationships with realtors, brokers, builders, banks, attorneys, new home sales representatives, and other referral partners to develop and retain business
•Take complete, accurate loan applications and analyze customer’s credit worthiness by reviewing the customer’s income, assets, investments, and debts; counsel and pre-qualify potential buyers
•Evaluate, determine and communicate appropriate loan products and price to customers and information about the mortgage process
•Obtain all necessary documentation and fees from customers to lock loans in a timely manner
•Originate residential real estate mortgage loans, meeting the Company’s minimum production standards on an ongoing basis
•Oversee the loan process by monitoring loan status; guide and communicate with customers and all applicable parties from application to closing; obtain documentation after closing
•Stay abreast of applicable laws and regulations and trends and developments in the local real estate environment to remain competitive and compliant; maintain positive, professional image
•Other duties and responsibilities as required; management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time
•Relationships – We care about the people we serve. Establishes rapport and trust with people easily, developing and maintaining a network of contacts that can provide information, help, and access to others; demonstrates personal integrity, honesty and sincerity.
•Expertise – Our people are experts in the field. Acquires and utilizes technical and professional knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish results and serve customers effectively.
• Problem-solving – We have the know-how and resourcefulness to make it happen. Identifies problems and uses logic, judgment, and data to evaluate alternatives and recommend solutions to achieve the desired organizational goal or outcome.
• Unity – We’re all in this together. Willingly cooperates and works collaboratively towards solutions that generally benefit all involved parties and accomplish group objectives.
• Balance – We want our people to live rich, balanced lives. Maintains perspective; manages boundaries effectively; organizes and prioritizes work; manages life flexibly, being open to change; uses technology wisely; makes effective lifestyle and self-change strategies; manages expectations, being clear about what can(not) deliver.
• Listening – By being great listeners, we can find the right solution to fit your needs. Chooses a communication behavior appropriate and effective for a given situation; conveys thoughts and expresses ideas effectively through verbal and written communication; demonstrates effective, active listening.
• Integrity – Do the right thing, in the right way, at the right time. Demonstrates honesty, keeps commitments, behaves in a consistent manner.
• Commitment – We give you our word. Adheres to the team’s expectations and guidelines; fulfills individual and team responsibilities; acts promptly; takes opportunities to exceed expectations without making unreasonable commitments; keep commitments to follow up with customers, providing solutions that are fair and in keeping with the Company’s mission and policies; responds quickly to customer needs and resolves problems; avoids over-commitments.
• Must maintain an active residential mortgage origination license in compliance with the S.A.F.E Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations, including all applicable state licensure laws and regulations
• At least two (2) years of experience originating loans in the residential mortgage lending industry preferred
• Must have a demonstrated ability to build quality customer and client relationships, analyze and comprehend complex financial data, and provide mortgage alternatives
• Must have demonstrated ability to work independently with strong time management skills
• Must have excellent problem-solving skills, be extremely organized and attentive to detail
• Must be flexible, able to multi-task and adjust priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Must be active in the community and job-related organizations to enhance the network of beneficial contacts
• Must have demonstrated PC proficiency, including knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
• Experience using mortgage loan origination systems required
• Must have familiarity with all applicable loan product guidelines and general processing and underwriting procedures
Republic State Mortgage Company is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination and non-harassment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any federal, state or locally protected class, including, but not limited to, race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age or veteran status.